Adult Social Language and Culture Program
Many people believe learning a second language is harder as an adult.
However, learning a second language is not as difficult as most people think.
Learning a new language as an adult requires a different approach than just memorizing words.
- Learning a second language includes having a purpose for learning the language.
- Learning as an adult requires more opportunities for practicing and modeling what is being learned.
- The brain is wired differently than when younger, so it requires more practice and application to become fluent.
- This does not mean the learning will be less fun, it just means we must teach in a different way.
Why should you learn a second language?
- Meet new people and develop life-long friendships both locally and abroad.
- Discover a new culture and lifestyle, and become more open-minded about the world and its people.
- More people are studying or living overseas, even retiring.
- Improve your employability.
- Completely transform your travel experiences.
- Increase your brain power.
- Broaden your decision-making skills.
- Develop confidence.
- Impress people around you.
Learning a new language is a key to the world.
Why Study Culture?
There is a huge world to explore, just waiting for you to visit. Traveling to countries where you can speak the language and
appreciate the culture makes the experience that much greater.
All Countries Have a History
You can travel to countries where the architecture is thousands of years old.
Gardens of flowers which are the descendants of the flowers of Emperors.
Fish in ancient ponds which are descendants of the royal family.
So much to see, explore, and understand.
Contact for Tuition Packages
"I am very happy with DPLA - online adult language classes because
it fits my schedule. I am unable to do in-person classes because I have an unpredictable travel schedule for work.
Both David and Jessie have a unique way of teaching Spanish and Mandarin that keeps me interested and they make the
classes fun! I would highly recommend DPLA-online adult language classes no matter where you are located!" - Student