Our Language Education Programs - What Makes Us Different?
We have a methodology focusing on exploration, immersion, acquisition and usage and we provide custom
individual learning plans. Choosing to learn a new language expands opportunities and enriches lives.
- Improves communication skills
- Opens more business opportunities
- Creates academic advantages
- Increases opportunities for safer travel
- Broadens cultural horizons
- Expands future employment options
Mastering a New Language
Being fluent in English, Mandarin, and Spanish, when applying to universities or job opportunities, increases your ability to make an impression that gets results.
Knowing these three languages allows for communication with 90% of the world.
There are two main methods of learning a language:
- Content-Based Learning: Based upon memorization of information presented in the study of phrases or vocabulary.
- Process-Based Learning: Focusing upon how the language is designed, its structure, culture, and immersion practices.
We prefer processed-based learning which teaches you in a way you can always later remember how the language works.
Learning designed just for you!
Everyone learns differently. Visual, aural, verbal, physical, logical, social, and solitary aspects impact learning.
The combinations in terms of dominant to weakest aspects determines our instructional strategies to be used.
You recall what you learned differently from how you initially learned it. We search for ways most effective for you to recall and demonstrate what you have learned.
There are 4 chemicals developed in your brain that simulate learning. We want to know what activities stimulate them best for your learning.
- Dopamine: Dopamine plays a big part of our unique human ability to think and plan. It helps us strive, focus, and find things interesting.
- Endorphin: The more endorphins produced, the more ready you’ll be to learn.
- Oxytocin: Can have a dramatic effect on emotional empathy and learning processes.
- Serotonin: Enhances the speed of learning.
We learn at different speeds depending upon the type of instructional activity. This creates a guide for us to follow when teaching you.
- Everyone learns at different speeds.
- Everyone has different level of learning speed within different instructional strategies.
- Everyone is motivated to learn in different ways.
We create your own individual learning plan (ILP) based upon this methodology.
Language skills are the key to future success! Language is Power. Language is Opportunity.
The Gift of Language Lasts a Lifetime.
Please contact us for more information on available tuition packages.
Contact Us Today!
"I've had many false starts learning languages: Japanese when I was stationed
in Okinawa, Tagalog when I was in the Phillipines, not to mention a solid year streak on Duolingo with Polish! Yet, I could never
get beyond a few phrases, always learned via rote memorization. As it turns out, I was working hard, not smart, and one fateful
day I met Dave and later Jessie Finley. They had a whole different manner of learning, one based on methods backed up by centuries
of success. Indeed, I have been learning Mandarin and Spanish the same way I learned English: Start simply, move use context clues
and grammar rules, and put it all together! This is a vast simplification of course, and anyone who would want to learn more should
give Dave and Jessie a call!" - Parent