Home School Language Center
We Provide Language for Your Electives Program
Home schooling is a choice and a legal right of a family.
There are many reasons this is the best options for a student.
We want to help this decision to be stronger by providing an option for the required electives.
Language skills are the key to future success.
Why choose a language elective? Learning a new language expands minds and enriches lives.
- Talk to more people.
- Develop language skills early on.
- Get an academic advantage.
- Understand English better.
- Get to know your neighbors.
- Increase opportunities for safer travel.
- Broaden cultural horizons.
- Expand future employment options.
Mastering a New Language
Being fluent in two or more languages, when applying to universities, distinguishes a teen from their peers,
and can land them an acceptance letter from the school of their dreams.
Language is Power. The Gift of Language Lasts a Lifetime.
The power to enhance the pathway for your child’s future.
It creates an advantage for almost any career they choose.
Knowing English, Mandarin, and Spanish allows for communication with 90% of the world.
Here are several reasons for learning a second language:
- Learning a second language can help students do better with school work.
- A second language makes a student stand out.
- The ability to speak a second language is impressive when talking with others.
- Learning a second language reveals a lot about a person, their character, their drive, their passion.
- Learning a second language opens doors to history and culture.
- Learning a second language early can influence a child’s entire academic career.
- Improving a second language improves academic performance and confidence.
Tuition costs are: $15/hour
“My grandson has struggled with school as his English language ability holds him back.
He has wanted to go to DPLA because his friend attends and has shown growth.
I could not afford the tuition, but DPLA worked out a plan to help him to attend.
He is so happy now and loves going. I am so thankful to DPLA.” - Parent